Wyse 55 Terminal Frequently Asked Questions
A: The revision of firmware installed on your terminal can be determined by accessing SETUP on the terminal.
2. The firmware's part number will appear in the upper right hand corner of the terminal's screen. 251352-05 for example indicates revision 1.4-05.
A: Perform the following steps to remove and replace the firmware EPROM. The trap door is located underneath the terminal case at the rear.
2) Open and lower the EPROM door by pressing the latch.
3) Use an EPROM extractor (P/N 841158-01) or gently remove the firmware from the socket, taking care not to bend the pins.
4) Place the updated (new) EPROM over the socket, ensuring that the orientation is correct. ! CAUTION ! The pins on the EPROM are very fragile and bend easily. Be particularly careful with them.
5) Press the EPROM until it is seated firmly in the socket.
6) Replace and close the EPROM door.
Before reconnecting the communication cables to the terminal:
2) Enter SETUP (Shift-Setup or Shift-Select or F3), default the parameters by pressing the [ENTER] key on the numeric keypad. Save the default settings by pressing the [SPACE] key. (The highlighted box on the screen will change from NO to YES.) Press the [F12] key to exit setup.
3) Re-Enter SETUP to make any changes to the terminal's configuration that may be required. Be sure to save the changes, if any, before exiting setup.
A: The following instructions will reset the terminal back to
manufacuring state. This procedure should be used when the terminal
is returned from a service repair, after installing new firmware, or
when the terminal has displayed a RAM error message in the lower
right hand corner of the screen.
A: Print out is double spaced, but is single spaced on WY150. A low signal on pin 14 of the parallel port forces the print to do a line feed when it receives a carriage return. The WY55ES sets pin 14 low at startup, which forces the printer to double space the print out. The WY55ES is the only terminal that is setup this way. Disconnect pin 14 on the printer cable fixes the double spacing issue.
Need additional support from the Experts at Vecmar?
Call 800-457-8499 or e-mail for information, support, and qoutes.
The Best Wyse Terminals You Can Buy
To order any of our new or remanufactured Wyse terminals call 800-457-8499, 440-953-1119 or 440-953-1119 or e-mail us. Your purchase order, with credit approval, is welcome, as well as all major credit cards.